Most of you must have wondered how the School and College computers have so many privileges and rights set which prevents you from performing certain Tasks like installing a new Software or Using Internet. In most of the cases, it is the Windows Registry which is tweaked. All you need is an admin account (or any other Account with Administrative privileges). Just Check it out.
How To Set Various Privileges Using Registries :-
- Open Run and type regedit and hit Enter key.
- Next, double click on HKKEY_USERS on left side. It will show the List of all the USERS.
- Now, Go to HKEY_USERS\USERNAME\Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer.( Here , USERNAME will be the name of the USER account which needs to be tweaked)
- After it, right click on the right side and select New –>DWORD Value.
- Next, Put the name of the key as “Tweak” . Now, all you need to do is put ‘0’ to turn OFF a particular Restriction and ‘1’ to turn ON a particular Restriction.
|Put the Name as||For the Restriction type of|
|NoFileMenu||Hides the Files Menu in Explorer|
|NoActiveDesktop||No Active Desktop|
|NoActiveDesktopChanges||No changes allowed|
|NoInternetIcon||No Internet Explorer Icon on the Desktop|
|NoDesktop||Hides all icons on the Desktop|
|NoSaveSettings||Don’t save settings on exit|
|DisableRegistryTools||Disable Registry Editing Tools|
|NoFind||Removes the Find Command|
|NoRun||Disables Run Command|
|NoSetFolders||Removes Folders from Settings on Start Menu|
|NoSetTaskbar||Removes Taskbar from Settings on Start Menu|
|NoNetHood||Hides the Network Neighborhood|
|NoDrives||Hides Drives in My Computers|
|NoRecentDocsMenu||Hides the Documents shortcut at the Start button|
|NoRecentDocsHistory||Clears history of Documents|
|NoAddPrinter||Disables Addition of Printers|
|NoDeletePrinter||Disables Deletion of Printers|
|NoFavoritesMenu||Hides the Favorites menu|
|NoLogoff||Hides the Log Off in the Start Menu|
|NoFolderOptions||Hides the Folder Options in the Explorer|
|NoChangeStartMenu||Disables changes to the Start Menu|
|ClearRecentDocsOnExit||Empty the recent Docs folder on reboot|
- After turning Restrictions ON or OFF, Simply save the changes and restart the System and you are all done.
Have anything to add to this story, Say it in comments …….